Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant

Fear mastered me. It dictated my movements and responses in any given situation. Fear has disguised itself as what I could not do, did not have, and did not have time to do, and as what others would not let me do. I have disguised fear as the need to be somewhere else, doing something else, not knowing how to do something, and not needing to do something. I set a table in my life for fear to become a gluttonous and insatiable master.
This quote stirs something within me, how many times do we hold back, because of fear. This is a struggle for adults, teens and children. Anxiety can also be described as fear. Our journey is to realign our children to be in a position where they can master their master. Not an easy task, but you must agree a necessary one.

1 comment: